Rincon, Puerto Rico is a sunset wedding destination and a great place to get married on the beach. We feature an exclusive collection of the best lodging, dining, services and activities that has been carefully selected to offer the best that Rincon has to offer.
Rincon is the Ultimate Wedding Destination: Now, for sure, everyone will know that Rincon is The Place to Get Married. Superstar singer Shania Twain tied the knot with Nestle exec Fredric Thiebaud on a New Year's Day sunset, at a Rincon Ocean Villa, with 40 of the couple's closest friends and family on hand. In a perfect Rincon-style quirky story, the newlywed's former spouses are also a couple. The Rincon wedding took place only about a month after they announced their engagement. Rincon rejoiced and wished the newlyweds happiness and continued good fortune.
Recommended Wedding Venues
Caracol Ché offers a backdrop of natural beauty and elegance for your Caribbean wedding ceremony and reception and the convenience of remaining on our villa grounds for a relaxing and romantic honeymoon in Puerto Rico. Our complete wedding and honeymoon package has been carefully developed through the experiences and suggestions of past wedding parties held at our private villa.
Have Your Intimate Wedding on the Beach or in the Villa's Tropical Gardens.
Couples planning their destination wedding at Caracol Ché, have the option of a sunset ceremony on the beach, just minutes from the villa, or may walk down the aisle through the secluded tropical gardens at Caracol Ché. A wedding circle in the lush tropical gardens of Caracol Ché, was designed exclusively for small wedding ceremonies. We also offer rehearsal dinner packages.
Caracol Ché Villa Wedding Accommodations and Facilities.
Small wedding events at our Puerto Rico villa can be booked for a four night minimum and the destination wedding package includes access to our entire grounds and facilities. Our full kitchen and poolside bar is especially convenient and allows for the freedom of self-service on your own schedule. Caracol Ché Private Villa Estate is the most exclusive location in Rincon to have an intimate Caribbean destination wedding and an unforgettable Puerto Rico honeymoon. Contact Caracol Ché today at 787-214-1140 or 787-823-2618, or click any link or photo to visit our website.
Recommended Wedding Planners
Requirements for Puerto Rico Weddings
Marriage license application must be requested in writing to the registry address below. Both the bride and groom must appear in person at the time of applying for the papers. The amount of time needed to complete the license requirements is around 2 months.
- If either party is a citizen or resident of a country other than the U.S, a declaration certifying that he or she is not married must be sworn before a Notary Public or other person authorized to administer paths in that country. This declaration must accompany the application.
- Original passports
- If previously married, you need a certified copy of divorce or death decree with a raised seal prior to a marriage license being granted
- Blood tests are required, although a test conducted on the US mainland within 10 days of the ceremony will suffice. A doctor in Puerto Rico must sign the license after conducting an examination of the bride and groom
- Written consent of parents is required where individuals are under 21, but over 16
- There are no fees for the license and private ceremony or hotel fees average $150 - $350 USD.
- All documents must be authenticated at the Marriage License Bureau.
- Marriages may be performed by a judge in his chambers (at a fee, although the legality of what seems to be a prevailing custom has recently been questioned) or in open court at no fee. They may also be performed by any clergyman authorized to perform marriage ceremonies.
- The license is good indefinitely.
- The license can only be used within the US or Puerto Rico.
- Copy of Certificate of Marriage can be obtained from the Demographic Registry (address below)
- Central office has had records since July 22, 1931. Copies of earlier records may be obtained by writing to Local Registrar (Registro Demografico) in municipality where event occurred or by writing to central office for information.
- Money order should be made payable to Secretary of the Treasury. Personal checks are not accepted. To verify current fees, the telephone number is 787-728-7980.
- The registrar's office should be contacted for specific rules regarding planning your destination or beach wedding in Rincon. They will also provide information regarding marriage licenses and marriage certificates.
P.O. Box 11854
Fernandez Juncos Station
San Juan, PR 00910