Rincon, Puerto Rico is a sunset wedding destination and a great place to get married on the beach. We feature an exclusive collection of the best lodging, dining, services and activities that has been carefully selected to offer the best that Rincon has to offer.
Rincon is the Ultimate Wedding Destination: Now, for sure, everyone will know that Rincon is The Place to Get Married. Among the many who have made Rincon a wedding destination, superstar singer Shania Twain tied the knot in Rincon with Nestle exec Fredric Thiebaud on a New Year's Day sunset, with 40 of the couple's closest friends and family on hand. In a perfect Rincon-style quirky story, the newlywed's former spouses were also a couple. The Rincon wedding took place only about a month after they announced their engagement. Rincon rejoiced and wished the newlyweds happiness and continued good fortune.
Recommended Wedding Planners
Marriage Requirements in Rincon, Puerto Rico
Marriage License applications must be requested in writing to the registry address below. Both the bride and groom must appear in person at the time of applying for the papers. The amount of time needed to complete the license requirements is around 2 months.
- If either party is a citizen or resident of a country other than the U.S, a declaration certifying that he or she is not married must be sworn before a Notary Public or other person authorized to administer paths in that country. This declaration must accompany the application.
- Original passports
- If previously married, you need a certified copy of divorce or death decree with a raised seal prior to a marriage license being granted
- Blood tests are required, although a test conducted on the US mainland within 10 days of the ceremony will suffice. A doctor in Puerto Rico must sign the license after conducting an examination of the bride and groom
- Written consent of parents is required where individuals are under 21, but over 16
- There are no fees for the license and private ceremony or hotel fees average $150 - $350 USD.
- All documents must be authenticated at the Marriage License Bureau.
- Marriages may be performed by a judge in his chambers (at a fee, although the legality of what seems to be a prevailing custom has recently been questioned) or in open court at no fee. They may also be performed by any clergyman authorized to perform marriage ceremonies.
- The license is good indefinitely.
- The license can only be used within the US or Puerto Rico.
- Copy of Certificate of Marriage can be obtained from the Demographic Registry (address below)
- Central office has had records since July 22, 1931. Copies of earlier records may be obtained by writing to Local Registrar (Registro Demografico) in municipality where event occurred or by writing to central office for information.
- Money order should be made payable to Secretary of the Treasury. Personal checks are not accepted. To verify current fees, the telephone number is 787-728-7980.
- The registrar's office should be contacted for specific rules regarding planning your destination or beach wedding in Rincon. They will also provide information regarding marriage licenses and marriage certificates.
P.O. Box 11854
Fernandez Juncos Station
San Juan, PR 00910